Yesterday we spent the evening laying down guitar tracks for the three new songs we started recording this weekend. I had quite a good evening I must say. For this session I had bought myself a brand new external sound card as well as a Rode microphone, which apparently sounds quite amazing. Haven’t tried those mics myself but according to popular opinion they rival mics twice the price. Anyway, so it was fun doing the guitar parts, switching between my Fender Telecaster/Vox and Hagström Viking/Peavey Classic setups. Doing the overdubs in your own rehearsal space makes things that much easier, and it sounds just as good as it did in the studio we worked in previously. Tomorrow we’re continuing. Maybe I can get done with all the guitar parts this week. That would be sweet.
The Striped Album
"The Genuine Fakes are proof of Sweden's seemingly inexhaustible font of pop genius. Hitting all the right marks, they walk you thru the major required classes in the school of pop -- chime, harmony, sparkle, and melody 101... surely these guys are on their way to being tenured professors in pop's university."
By Ken Stringfellow - The Posies
- Remember this? #throwback from a year ago today. #otd #Repost ・・・ Our new Christmas single "Do You Want to Build... fb.me/8mLQMBLrP--- 3 weeks ago
- RT @myfizzypop: And it was amazing. myfestivepop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/the-ge… twitter.com/TheGenuineFake…--- 3 weeks ago
- #OTD Last year we released our version of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" from Disney' Frozen (b/w You Always... fb.me/1ffXuTleN--- 3 weeks ago
- Make sure to listen to the Ice Cream Man #powerpop #podcast by @WayneLundqvistF.--- 3 weeks ago
- 11/11/11 saw the release of "Liner Notes": the companion to "The Striped Album". Happy 5th birthday! fb.me/V66fxgkx--- 4 weeks ago