Yesterday we spent the evening laying down guitar tracks for the three new songs we started recording this weekend. I had quite a good evening I must say. For this session I had bought myself a brand new external sound card as well as a Rode microphone, which apparently sounds quite amazing. Haven’t tried those mics myself but according to popular opinion they rival mics twice the price. Anyway, so it was fun doing the guitar parts, switching between my Fender Telecaster/Vox and Hagström Viking/Peavey Classic setups. Doing the overdubs in your own rehearsal space makes things that much easier, and it sounds just as good as it did in the studio we worked in previously. Tomorrow we’re continuing. Maybe I can get done with all the guitar parts this week. That would be sweet.
The Striped Album
"The Genuine Fakes are proof of Sweden's seemingly inexhaustible font of pop genius. Hitting all the right marks, they walk you thru the major required classes in the school of pop -- chime, harmony, sparkle, and melody 101... surely these guys are on their way to being tenured professors in pop's university."
By Ken Stringfellow - The Posies
- One Chord to Another reviews our latest single. fb.me/633FSInTo--- 1 month ago
- RT @onechordnet: The Genuine Fakes (@TheGenuineFakes) – Guns N’ Roses Saved My Life onechord.net/2017/01/17/gen…--- 1 month ago
- Six years ago today, our debut album was released. This second album will be out later this year! fb.me/7L72yPBj0--- 1 month ago
- RT @mortyfake: Pic from last night. I usually tape the middle finger. #rehearsal #thegenuinefakes #backtorounds instagram.com/p/BPVYhFPhVDq/--- 1 month ago
- Rehearding is hard work! Bloody fingers, bloody strings, bloody mess! #poprock #instamusic #thegenuinefakes #bass... fb.me/2GYZQGEIa--- 1 month ago