Christmas time is nigh, and our record label in Japan has decided to put out a 24-track Christmas compilation this year. Back in 2009 we released our rendition of Mariah Carey‘s “All I Want for Christmas”, and now it’s going to be put out on CD for the first time. A limited number of copies will be printed, so head on over to the Thistime Online Store and place your orders while you still can.
The CD will be out on Dec 24.
Here’s the tracklist:
- Golden Bubbles – Tiny Hammers Time
- The Genuine Fakes – All I Want for Christmas
- Greg Pope – Christmas Snow
- Phlying Saucer – Over the Moon(ft.Nikki Simmons)
- SpecialThanks – Special Christmas
- Clueless – Do They Know It’s Christms
- The Higher Elevations – All These Winter Nights
- The Wellingtons – A Christmas Toast
- The Goodtime Dudes(Bobby Emmet & The Schreffman) – We Are The Goodtime Dudes (to say Merry Christmas)
- LL Cosmonaut – We Came In Peace
- Sugar Crisis – Unwrap Your Heart
- Rach and Danna (from The Coincidents) – Winter Wonderland
- Dreamboy – Christmas Kisses
- NUDGE’EM ALL – Christmas
- Jim Boggia – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
- Beaufiul Lies – We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- The Smith Bros. – Every Day Is Like Christmas
- hello! – My Way home Winter Night
- Marcus Meston – No Time for Christmas
- Mimi Betinis – A Christmas Song
- Superfriends – Christmas
- Justin Kline – Merry Christmas Katie
- Neil Nathan – Santa Claus is Coming To Town
- The Sonic Executive Sessions – Christmas Without You
The compilation album that was released on 27 April this year to raise funds for the victims of the tsunami in Japan is now available on Spotify. Our contribution to the album is “I Wanna Be a Stranger” – a rockin’ tune from the first album sessions that has previously only been released on a bonus disc accompanying our debut in the US.
You can buy Together We Are Not Alone through Thistime Records Bandcamp page.
Together We Are Not Alone
The Japan relief compilation album Together We Are Not Alone (Thistime Records) is out today. You can get it on Bandcamp and iTunes Japan. You get 27 songs for $12 USD, but you can pay more if you like. Donate generously, as all profit from the compilation goes to the Red Cross. We have contributed a song called “I Wanna Be a Stranger”, which has previously only been available on the bonus disc accompanying The Striped Album in the US. Featured artists are The Posies, Bleu, The Wellingtons etc. Johan Bergqvist (a.k.a. Joey Fake) also contributes a brand new solo track.
Our Japanese label Thistime Records is putting out an album on iTunes and Bandcamp on April 27 in order to raise money for the earthquake/tsunami relief efforts. We have contributed the song “I Wanna Be a Stranger”, which has previously only been available on the bonus disc accompanying “The Striped Album” in the US. I’ve also offered up a solo tune called “Cul-de-sac” that I’ve recorded for my next solo album. In our safe part of the world it feels like it’s hard to do something to help, so we welcomed this opportunity when we were approached with the charity disc idea. A specific bandcamp page will be made for it and as soon as it’s up and running we’ll let you know.
“The Striped Album” will be released by Thistime Records in Japan on 2 Feb, including four bonus tracks – Earnest Endeavor, Time Is Slight, Somehow Everything (Posies cover) and The Genuine Fakes (8 bit version). Click here to order!
The Striped Album - Japan Edition
Yesterday we released the physical edition of “The Striped Album“. We had a great release party at Lilla hotellbaren in Stockholm where we played a short live set. Also on stage was the great band Pennebaker.
If you live in the EU and want to get a hand on the CD, go to thestripedalbum.com and place your order! You will get the download immediately upon purchase.
Fans in Spain will be happy to know that we’ve landed a licensing deal with Rock Indiana Records there who release the album in February. We’re also planning on going down there to play some shows this spring. More details on that soon.
In Japan the album will be released by Thistime Records. It will be out there on February 2, and it includes no less than four bonus tracks!
In the US, Kool Kat Musik are distributing the CD, and those who buy it directly from their webstore will get an accompanying bonus CD with previously unreleased tracks (some different from those on the Japanese edition).
So there’s lots of great stuff going on at the moment! Happy trails everyone.